Foil Washi Tape
or split into 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks with QuadPay
Create your own custom foil washi tape! Tons of fun options to think about to make washi for sale to your customers, home use or branding on packaging. Orders may use multiple designs if they are the same size and priced off of the total amount with a minimum of 50 per design. An order of 100 could be 50 x 2 designs as long as they are the same size.
Foil Washi can take 4-6 weeks for production with common foils and up to 8+ if a less common foil is chosen.
We need a 0.3mm stroke/area of space between any foil elements and the other artwork.
Washi can be made at any width, but we have some common sizes listed. If you'd like a custom size, email us for pricing and a template. Check our templates page for all product templates.
Washi comes in 10m long rolls and the pattern reprints every 250mm for foil designs.
Add a custom sticker label to the top for extra branding.
Choose from one of the foil options. Please let us know in the notes section if you have a specific choice.
Washi with Foil File Set up
1. Artwork needs to be AI(best)/PSD or at least PDF.
2. Resolution of artwork needs to be at least 400dpi at scale if raster. If vector, resolution doesn't matter.
3. The repeat length of design needs to be 250mm
4. The art needs a 1.5mm bleed on top and on bottom. E.g. If you want 28mm Washi Tape, design it at 31mm (28 +3) - Our templates have that marked out
5. Adding a safe 3mm inner bleed (1.5 top/1.5 bottom) is advised if you are using text in your design or any crucial elements to keep them safely from the cut edges.
5. Foil areas need to be at least 0.15mm thick and need 0.3mm of space between it and any other design elements. When designing, try adding a 0.3mm stroke to the outside of your artwork that matches the background tone to give the foil enough space to work cleanly.
6. We have a lot of foil options. Please be clear about which part of the design gets foil and what color foil you'd like and we will help you pick the best option.
Can I have multiple designs in one order counted towards the total?
Yes. We can price based off of total quantity if they are the same size, but not if they are different. For example, 100 qty x 3 designs of 20mm can be priced as 300 total 20mm. An order of 100 15mm + 100 20mm would be priced as two separate items. The minimum per design is 50, so 50(25/25) is not possible.
Is washi opaque?
No. Traditional washi is printed on rice paper and is semi-transparent. If you have white or unprinted areas, they will not be a 100% dense white tone unless the washi is put onto a white surface. If you are needing something more like a piece of solid white paper, it's not washi.
Can I use the sticker label on multiple designs?
Yes. If you have multiple designs of washi and want to use one branded top sticker label, we can.
What's the turnaround?
On average it will take about 3-3.5 weeks in production + transit. Rushes might be available, but contact us concerning your date.
Do you have templates?
Yes, we have templates for some popular/common sizes below as a download in vector format. If opening in Raster software like Photoshop, make sure to open the template at 400 dpi/resolution and the same goes for if you design on a tablet. If you are creating your own file on a tablet or in Photoshop, you need to make sure your canvas size is correct. It must be 3mm wider than you want the final product to be and needs to be either 350mm long (full color washi) or 250mm long (foil washi) at 400 dpi. If your design is a lower resolution, it will not look as nice as it can in real life.